The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, May 14, 2009

the matrix re-reloaded

So I was looking at a post Lars had just done and found it very interesting. He talks about a really trippy dream he had and how it may or may not be a supernatural experience. The reason I found this post so intriguing was because I myself have had experiences such as his, but much less terrifying. I too have also wondered why these dreams were so vivid, what they are trying to communicate to me. I am a firm believer in the power of dreams and the subconscious. I think that our bodies manifest these visions to show us issues that our conscious minds are trying to suppress, and by doing so this may give us guidance in how to solve these problems.



But when I have dreams that are so lucid, so real that I can feel the touch, smell the scents, and hear the sounds, I wonder what makes them this way. A while back I thought I might have been going crazy because it seemed that the world, or my life rather, was too much in order. It felt as though I had no control over my actions or my thoughts. It was like living a life of the Truman Show combined with The Matrix, a feeling of being watched and this all being a façade.



I no longer think I am going crazy, or at least I no longer notice it, which could in fact mean that I already am insane. But during this time I thought I may be going crazy I started having dreams like the ones Lars was talking about, more so than ever before. This perhaps contributed to my belief of my descent into madness, but I could not deny the power of these dreams.



It seems that I have a hard time distinguishing between what is reality and what is fantasy. But why can’t these two be connected? How can you prove that the life I am in right now is not the dream of the life I live somewhere else? And that life would be the same life that I escape to when I dream. Perhaps that is why it is so hard to remember our dreams. We are so focused on living the life we are presently in that all else seems too obscure to comprehend. So if this is true, then which one is real? Do we decide which life we want to spend more time in? Maybe the other life we live is heaven. Maybe each time we “fall asleep” we are really just glimpsing heaven. And when we “die” in this life we have chosen to remain in the other, to make it permanent.



I’m sure all of this sounds too out there, but before you refute my claims think about why you are doing so. Is it because you truly don’t think it is possible, or because the rules of this life tell you it isn’t? If that is the case, than look at my ideas through the perspective of the rules of the other life, and perhaps you will find you agree. And if you can change your perspective on this issue, then what is stopping you from changing it on others, from looking at this life through the perspective of the other?



If this can happen, then wouldn’t it mean that we create our own rules? Everyone and everything you know to exist only exists to you, your mind has created them. Your struggles, your personality, your possessions, they are all manifestations of your own mind. Nothing is real unless you believe it to be so. If this is the case then what I am writing right now will only be viewed by others based on my minds perspective. You do not exist because of a supreme being or evolution, my mind allows you to do so, but only within the confines of it.
I defineitly have more to say on this idea, but currently my mind won't allow itself to do so.
Peace.

2 comments:

Thealexander said...

that some pretty 'out-there' thinking girl, i do believe that our minds are extremely powerful things also, and alot of people (myself included) haven't tapped into that potential

Mixmaster Mack said...

my theory is that the mind is a cosmic vehicle to other dimensions where physical beings are not able to travel

or, ya know, something like that