The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Keyboard


So I come home from my game not but ten minutes ago. I’m tired, I stink, and I have tons of homework. I know this, this is normal, I’m used to it. Yeah, it sucks, but I have coped with this. But I will be honest and say that all of this puts me a bit on the edge, and makes me a bit snappy. I wouldn't want to get in my way right now. 

Right now especially, I am very angry. It is indeed anger that inspired this post. I come home and the TV is blaring, I mean so loud. It is really quite deafening. I politely ask them to turn it down because it’s incredibly hard doing homework when you can;t even hear your own thoughts. My mom proceeds to turn it down about 5 numbers on the volume. Really? You might as well not have touched anything at all. I wish I didn’t have to be a buzz kill, and ruin their good time, but I have a good time of my own to do. It’s called U.S. history. 

Next I go to the bathroom to put my nose ring back in. I had to take it out for our game, and since its a relatively small thing, and I don’t want to lose it, I stuck it in my mouth while I was driving home. This is hardly sanitary, so I wanted to wash it off. I turn the facet and two drips come out. WHAT’S WRONG WITH THE WATER! I scream, after all, keanu Reevs is in the background, overpowering my question. I guess the city is doing some work outside and they had to shut if off. Cool. Now I can’t do my homework and have to stick a dirty nose ring back into my delicate perfect nose that will soon become disfigured and infected. 

To make it worse, as I am about to go in my room, I see my cat meowing outside my door. Who does he think he is. He wrecks my computer than expects me to just let him in. Psh forget that. 

So as I said in an earlier post, my cat had wrecked my keyboard of my perfect mac. I remember Coach White telling some story about how his phone got wet and how your just supposed to turn it off and let it dry out so you don’t short it out. Well I thought that maybe I could get lucky and apply the same method to my keyboard so I unplugged it and let it dry overnight.

After all of this semi not really bad stuff happened I plugged the USB cord back in and prayed. It works! That’s seventy dollars I now longer have to spend and can spend on my prom dress this weekend. 

I guess what this showed me is that yeah, a lot of things in life suck, but eventually, you find that one thing that makes you rethink how bad your life really is. It is that one good thing that saves you from the hell that is life. It is that one good thing that keeps your optimism. It is that one good thing you can hold onto, in hopes for another one good thing that will get you through the day. Needless to say, I have forgive my cat and he is now napping on my bed, far away from any liquid and any I macs, where he belongs. 

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

Peace. 

p.s., this is my 69th post. hahaha

No comments: