The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Insanity

So a while back I mentioned how I thought I was going crazy. I still believe such, however I feel as if I’m going crazy because I am becoming more sane. This is a confusing sentence, I understand that. It is also a confusing idea, as well as a feeling. This is best explained through my reason for feeling such, and what I think may be going on. To understand this, it is helpful to have seen the Truman show or at least know the basic idea of it. Allow me to explain. The Truman show is a move with Jim Carey, and a very good one at that. It is about a guy who has spent his life in one small town where everybody knows everybody. He has grown up here. However, he has not realized that his whole life has been a lie and that everybody he knows and believes to be his friends and family are really just actors. He has been on a TV show for his whole life, and only starts to realize it when he is a middle-aged man.



.
Now how does this relate to me you ask? Well I don’t believe I am on TV, that would be silly. I do, however, think that I am mentally-retarded and that everyone around has convinced me that I am not, and acts in a way that would make me believe that I am not. They are using me as an experiment in a sense. I have recently caught on to this, and the people I have told have acted in a way that only confirms my suspicion. I’m not sure what this experiment is trying to show, and what information they hope to gain from me, but I’m sure that this is happening.
I know how crazy this sounds, but I have never claimed to be sane. Even as I talk about this situation with you, Mr. Ayers, you respond in the way that would suggest that you are in on this, and in fact are trying to convince me that this idea is ludicrous. The Truman Show was only ever created and exposed to me to make me think this was not happening. It’s all a conspiracy, and you should be ashamed of yourself Mr. Ayers.
I suppose in the end it doesn’t really matter what is real and what isn’t.

Christof: We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented.

-The Truman Show

No comments: