The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday School

I went to my friend Charlie’s graduation party yesterday. While I was there, and older gentleman started talking to me. He asked me what my plans were after high school. I told him I wanted to be a housewife and he asked if I understood the physics and chemistry behind it, a response I was not expecting. I told him that I had been kidding and that I really wanted to be a doctor. He said some things, but what I remember was him telling me to ‘keep going’. Now, I don’t know if I want to be a doctor, but these two words really hit me. This man was obviously a bit intoxicated and perhaps a bit insane, but his words were powerful nonetheless. It really is that simple. 

keep going. 

peace.

3 comments:

Evan O'Brien said...

That dude...was very...interesting...and a little bit scary.

StuTheDew said...

That dude was batshit insane and wanted to crush my dreams and soul.

Listening to his neo-republican think-tank conservative bullshit as any form of advice would be simply retarded.

Ofcourse no one else at the party was wearing zebra pants or had hair wild enough to kill in one fatal headbang.

Poopypance said...

even if you don't think they're a good person, you take the bits of people that are good, and use them to improve yourself. the guy had a good point