The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Sunday, February 1, 2009

What I Believe

I once read a poem entitled What I Believe. This poem talks about life, and the things that happen within ones life, and how that shapes who we are, and what we perceive our lives to mean. It is my favorite poem. I read about 2 years ago. Since then, I have kept a book of things that I believe. Here are a few.

I believe one should never preach something they themselves are unable to follow.

I believe no one should be ashamed of their tears.

I believe you can only live not because you are afraid of death, but because you are not. 

I believe that when your heart is full, you need much less.

I believe you should give more than you take, live more than you die, dance more than you sit, do more than you think, listen more than you talk, understand more than you do now, open your mind more than you close it, and love more than you hate. 

I believe life could be so simple, if only we would let it be.

I believe that when you do something good, the world takes notice. 

I believe I can, so I will.

I believe people worry too much about living their lives to the fullest. The thought consumes them, and they waste their lives trying to do so. Do what makes you happy, and you will fulfill. 

I believe we shouldn’t always do the things were supposed to do.

I believe life was not meant to be generalized.

Believe in yourself; have something to believe in. 

And that, is what I believe. 

Peace.

No comments: