The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sorry

So I broke. I’m only human okay. And a teenage girl who seems to be quite susceptible to the bandwagon. I guess your curious as to what I’m talking about. I saw Twilight. You should probably just shoot me dead on the spot. But i don’t feel too terrible because i went when there were only like ten other people in the theater which means, no one saw me and hopefully the fad is over. But overall is wasn’t a bad movie. I don’t know if my word should be trusted however because the actor playing Edward Cullen, Robert Patterson, who also happened to be a playing a Ravenclaw dreamboat in the fourth Harry Potter movie as Cedric Diggory who ends up dyeing in the movie is so unbelievably attractive that he probably could have slaughtered a new born baby kitten, or even a baby and I would have loved it. Yes, that is exactly how sick I am. But the movie was really funny, and so cheesy. Its clear that Pattinson still has some work to do to reach the top ranks of actors. His performance, while extremely attractive was a bit overplayed with some overreacted reactions that ended up looking fake. The writers also overdid it a bit with a few out of place cliche lines. As for the actress who played Isabella Swan she was a better Isabella than I was expecting. I generally do not this actor because she always appears to be unhappy, or plagued with a constant bad taste in her mouth, however, in Twilight she was very good. I think that can for the most part be attributed to the fact that she is supposed to be in love with a vampire and since vampires are stereotyped with a less than hospitable personality, her look fits quite nicely. Aside from her poop mouth face, she was a really good Bella and contrasted the perfection that is Edward Cullen quite nicely. My fear that the movie would overshadow the book was forgotten after finishing the book. While the movie is good, the quality of it is nowhere near that of the book. I find myself feeling sorry for those fools who have only watched the movie and haven’t bothered with the book. If Jacob Black was slightly more attractive I would feel inclined to rate this movie at maybe even as high as a 9.5, but alas, the appearance of Mr. Black is not all that it indeed could be and I must leave you with a rating of let’s say 9.1

No comments: