The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Frankenstein

Gene Wilder is perhaps my favorite actor. Never mind, he IS my favorite actor. Ever since Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory, I have been in love with him. When Tim Burton criticized Wilder’s portrayal of Wonka I considered assassinating him. It has been a personal goal of mine to see every movie he has ever been affiliated. While I am a little behind on this task, I did make some head way recently when I watched Young Frankenstein. It is a movie directed by Mel Brookes. I wouldn’t call myself a fan of his work, however, I do like an occasional picture of his, Young Frankenstein being one of them. His films are usually associated with cheap laughs, this one was no different, however, I enjoyed them this time. They were actually funny enough for me to laugh at and make a noise while I usually suppress the laughs from his movies for fear that if I think something of his is funny I will undoubtedly become an idiot. The movie features such talents as Peter Boyle (who plays the monster), Marty Feldman, Cloris Leachman, Teri Garr and Kenneth Mars. The cast was wonderfully picked, each contributing to the cheap, but delightful humor. The movie started out with Wilder teachin his biology class, because he is now a professor. One of his students inquirers about Professor Frankensteins grandfather who is known for reanimating dead tissue a.k.a. bringing the dead back to life. The professor is clearly embarrassed by his heritage and scolds the student for bringing it up while claiming his grandfather was insane. Frankenstein then finds out that his grandfather has died and he has inherited his work, but must venture of where else but Transylvania. He arrives there and spends about 20 minuets of the movie all angry and bitter when he happens upon his grandfather’s work. One thing leads to another and he takes up where his grandfather left off and creates another monster. There’s a little life lesson involved and some sexualish scenes, so Mr. Ayres you will probably like it, even though Gene Wilder doesn’t really strike me as playgirl criteria, I think that you will be able to appreciate the beauty of him. I liked this movie so and I would recommend it to not only Gene Wilder and Mel Brookes fans, but anyone above the age of 15, 14 if you’re mature. 7.8.
more info here

No comments: