The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Doctors Without Boarders

Last night was Wednesday and if you don’t remember, Wednesday is the day that I watch ABC because private practice is on. There was again the normal drama with any prime time show, but this week one of the doctor’s friends came back. She had spent time with him when they had been part of doctors without boarders. Her coming back was like bringing the past with her, and the male doctor apparently liked her and blah, blah, blah, isn’t that important, but I did however find the doctors without boarders thing interesting. I decided a while ago that I wanted to be a doctor because I like to help people, and I find that stuff interesting, so why not combine the two. About a half a year ago I also decided that I want to go to Columbia University in New Your, New York for my undergrad, and then do my medical school in John Hopkins University. However, I have always wanted to travel and to see things before I do something like that. I know that once I began my schooling, it will be a while before I get to do anything else. I also know that if I do get accepted to Columbia University, I will not be able to take time off from school and do the things I want to do, like traveling. Being accepted to Columbia would just be an offer I couldn’t refuse. So last night after watching Private Practice I decided what I will do. If I am accepted to Columbia, or another school that would most likely be a one time thing, then I will go there and begin my schooling. I will graduate, hopefully become a top ranked doctor, and then eventually, I will do what I have always intended on doing and go over to Africa to fight poverty. Then I will come back, and open up homeless shelters. However, if I am not accepted to those schools, I will take time off. I will spend the first part of it traveling. I want to go completely by myself and see places that people have to plan and think about for years. I just want to do. Then, I will join the Peace Corps and do that for a while. After I have satisfied my desires, I will come home, and go to school to become a doctor. Then I will join Doctors without Boarders. Here is a website that gives the low down on what this is. Here.

No comments: