The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Sunday, November 2, 2008

SawFive

Yesterday was my birthday, and to celebrate I went to my first rated R movie legally. I thought to myself, what better thing to do on my seventeenth then exercise my new right to see naked people and hear what is now deemed inappropriate language. Its the same concept as going to Chuck E Cheese on your eighteenth birthday or drinking on your twenty-first. But anyway, i decided to see Saw 5 because it looked good. There’s nothing I like more than seeing people killed in sick and disgusting ways. So anyways it was pretty good. I have to admit, not many movies have been able to pull off five movies and still be good. The only one I can currently think of are the Rocky movies, however even those were a little shaky. It usually has to end at three, because by that time, everything has already been said, and everything has already been done to death. Saw five however has managed to not only maintain it’s entertainment qualities and execute its executions smartly, but also leave the plot open for, dare I say it, a sixth one. However, I think the saw movies may have an unfair advantage. You see, in only the first two movies were the actors the same. And even after the first one, the movies were left short, but it seems that these movies gat a new cast every time. I think this allows them to stay fresh and because of this, they have been able to pull off a fifth one. And its not even like those movies that say they’re the sequel to another one, but then there is a completely different cast with a whole new plot. Yes, there is new casts, but usually one of the actors carries over to the next one, where they are killed, but they serve as a link to the previous. Not only that, but the plot is the same as well. Its always jigsaw killing people who have taken life for granted, and some detective looking for them. Its almost as if the movie lacks creativity, because you almost know what’s going to happen, but yet, that isn’t the case. There’s no question though that without the twisted things that the victims have to do, this movie would not be as popular. I almost think that those take away from the movie though because there really is a message to be learned. Jigsaw kills for a reason-to make people appreciate life and stop taking it for granted. Scope it.

No comments: