The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MJ


Today I heard my mom say something that really made me respect her. My mother has never come off as a passionate woman with extremely strong views. I have never seen her defend any statement she’s made defiantly. But while we were watching Jackson’s funeral, she began to rant on how fucked up it was that it had become a way to make money. Buying a ticket to this man’s funeral ran about $25 dollars. Even in death he’s making money. One must wonder where exactly this money is going, and more disturbingly, who is trying to profit off the death of a legend. Accusations and suspicions aside, no one can argue that this man was a star. He was the musical symbol that united both black and white. In one hundred years, no one will remember his trials, but they will remember his music, his triumphs, his success. I always pictured his death coming when I was a mother. My child would wonder who this long ago star had been, and I would have the honor of sharing with my child both the wonder and shame that had accompanied this man. Regardless on how you feel about him, you have to appreciate the guy, at least what he did. Anyway, that was all. RIP Michael.

peace

No comments: