The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

here's what i think


God damn not another one of these. He’s annoying, he’s talentless, he’s unoriginal. Yes my friends, I am speaking of the one and only Sacha Baron Cohen. I’m sure you all have heard of Bruno, a fictional gay Austrian fashion reporter who wreaks havoc on unsuspecting people in public. Funny right? No, not really. I remember when Borat came out. Everyone wanted to see it. Most of the movie pushed the line of what was appropriate for films, crossing it even in many scenes. Borat was crude, rude, and funniest of all, foreign. His constant fuck ups with cultural norms was hilarious. I laughed, you laughed, America laughed. We had a good time. 

But then came the catch phrases. Oh god the catch phrases. Wa wa wee wa, I Like,  High Five, Sexy Time, and of course, Very nice. It’s not even the phrases that were so bad. It was the voice that accompanied them. Everyone in America was saying these, still are saying these in fact. And now, we have Bruno, who I’m sure will deliver us with a new batch of ridiculous catch phrases that will be devoured by our pop culture junkie generation. Great. 

His movie isn’t even funny if you really think about it. It’s the lowest of the low form of comedy. The shit Mel Brooks, the King of low comedy, craps out is fucking Shakespeare compared to this. I honestly feel like I’m de-volving when I’m watching this crap, and the worst part of it is, is that I laugh. I actually enjoy it. If I didn’t look back and actually think about what it was I was laughing at, I would continue to enjoy it, and this is something I don’t want to say I enjoy. It’s somewhat sad when you realize what humor has been degraded to. I want some classic funny, some wit. But instead all I’m left with is naked, obese men running around public. Not cool. The least he could do is give us something new. I mean, Bruno and Borat? From what I’ve seen from the previews they look very similar. They're names even share some commonalities. 

So here’s to boycotting Bruno. I wish you nothing but the worst. 

peace. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HE IS FUNNY!!! I LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO FUNNY THINGS THAT LOOK RETARDED!!! ROFLMAO

Anonymous said...

I agree, Missy. Keep it up!