The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Monday, January 5, 2009

New blog

So before break I was asked to write a post about what my blog was about. I did that. The trouble was that I had nothing to say about it. At least nothing good. It was pretty much just 400 words of me rambling on about how my writing sucked and how my blog was pointless. This was true, and will probably remain true regardless of what renovations I make.
When first given the blogging assignment, I wanted to talk about something that meant something to me, and just in general. I know, that sounds weird, writing about stuff that you like. I wanted to write about mainly stuff I thought about during the day, real stuff, deeper than casual talk. I was reluctant to dedicate my blog to chats like this though because I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to think of stuff to talk about all the time, and I was fairly sure I wouldn’t be able to come up with 400 words about the topics I could come up with.
I thought about this for a while, and I realized that I have wished for the time to write stuff that really matters to me, but I always seemed busy with school work. And when I did write, I wanted to write a lot, but the lack of time prevented me from doing so. Then I thought to myself, “Self, why not kill two birds with one stone and write about this stuff for your blog.” It made sense to me. I seemed to come up with one topic a day. at least, so coming up with 3 a week wouldn’t be so difficult. And anything was better than the crap I was spilling out writing about movies and books. It is then that I decided to take the risk, and write about real stuff.
Even writing this now it seems so much easier than trying to describe my blog before. I already have 328 words, and that just poured out. Well now it’s 338. But anyway, this blog, my new one will be about idea that come into my mind during the day. Things that I’m sure we have all thought about. Cliches, sayings, morals, just stuff like that. While I may not be able to be able to match the writing of Montaigne, it cant be that bad right? Well, here goes...

No comments: