The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. ~Elbert Hubbard

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Homosexual Advantages

So I have decided that I’m very jealous. it may sound weird, being jealous about this topic, but I am. The topic I am speaking of is gay relationships. It’s not really fair, being gay. 

First things first, I have no problem with gay people, relationships, or marriage. People are people, and everyone is entitled to basic human rights, one being love. 


  

“Whenever the people are for gay marriage or medical marijuana or assisted suicide, suddenly the "will of the people" goes out the window.”


-Bill Maher



“They are preserving the sanctity of marriage, so that two gay men who've been together for twenty-five years can't get married, but a guy can still get drunk in Vegas and marry a hooker at the Elvis chapel! The sanctity of marriage is saved!”


-Lea DeLaria


But its not fair. They are so interesting, and all I have is this stupid heterosexual lifestyle. I have nothing to make me novel. When I talk about my relationships, I am immediately written off as just some poor girl with boy issues, complaining once again. Its all very boring, even I wouldn't want to listen to me, and the people I talk to only listen with half an ear as well. 

But when a gay man talks about his boy troubles, it all of a sudden becomes so interesting, people clamor to get an ear in. They listen to him like he is a God. It’s novel and interesting, everything my stories are not. 

Same goes for writing and movies. I for one would love to read a story about a gay relationship. The boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, get married thing has been done to death, its so conventional. But two cowboys in a tent somewhere in the wild is new, refreshing. I can’t write stories like that. I can’t talk about struggles I have had with being gay, only those I have had from not, and that is boring to me. 

I’m not saying that a homosexual lifestyle is at all easy, and is all fun, but they do have that. perhaps thats why so many people disagree with the lifestyle. Its just jealousy. 

Peace.

No comments: